10 sessions alternating theory classes and hand-on workshops.
- Properties of wood: durability, fire resistance, certification, calculation systems
- Session on wood and the environment.
- Session on frames and beams, laminated and microlaminated timber. Start of small-scale project: awning.
- Small-scale project workshop: awning. Session on joints.
- Small-scale project workshop and start of large-scale project. Lecture by H-Arquitectes. To be confirmed.
- Session on lightweight framing, prefabricated walls and slabs. Lecture by Noem. To be confirmed.
- Submission of 1:20 model for small-scale project. Cross-laminated timber, fabrication, construction details. Start of large-scale project.
- Tour of Tallfusta, company specialised in wood and prefabricated solutions. Large-scale project workshop.
- Large-scale project workshop.
- Submission on A1 paper of structural blueprint of large-scale project. Guest project reviser. (Basic structural diagrams, axonometry of construction details, type of wood used, finishes, etc.)
Speakers and teaching staff
- David Rifà, engineer, expert in wood construction
- Marta García-Orte, architect and lecturer at the UIC Barcelona School of Architecture