- 3rd edition of #MésPeriodisme: Data journalism
3rd edition of #MésPeriodisme: Data journalism
09.15 am Accreditation
09. 45 am Welcome meeting by Alfonso Méndiz, dean of the Faculty of Communication; Victoriano Martin, director of Oracle Barcelona and Mediterranean; María Victoria, head of journalism studies and Ariadna Fernández, coordinator of “Més Periodisme 2017”.
10.15 am Conference "The value of data: leaks and big data management", by Jesús Escudero, from El Confidencial.
10.45 am Conference "The power of visualization", by Victor Pascual, engineer and founder of OneTandem.
11.15 am Coffee break.
11.45 am Round table: "Working with data in newsrooms: new skills of the journalist today"
- Eli Vivas, data data journalist, El Periódico
- Jaime Serra, Director of Infographics and Visualization, La Vanguardia
- Laura Aragó, data journalist, La Vanguardia
- Martín González, data journalist of Populate Tools and Politibot
12.45 pm Question Time
1.00 pm Conference "Networks and political conversation: analysing Big Data" by Marc Argemí, professor of the Faculty of Communication (UIC) and director of Sibilare.
1.30 pm Closing conference: "Smart Journalism in the Data-Driven age: Future Trends", by Isabel Fernández Peñuelas, director of the Digital Technologies area, Oracle.
2:00 pm Question Time
2.15 pm Closure event