- 8th Cross-Disciplinary Workshop on Sustainability - Building Peace to Promote Sustainable Development
8th Cross-Disciplinary Workshop on Sustainability - Building Peace to Promote Sustainable Development
As part of Science Week 2016, UIC Barcelona is scheduled to host the 8th Cross-Disciplinary Workshop on Sustainability.
In September 2015, the United Nations approved the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), which include goal number 16: Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies.
In the 8th Cross-Disciplinary Workshop on Sustainability at UIC Barcelona, we invite people to analyse the relationship between the promotion of peace and sustainable development. In a participatory and cross-disciplinary manner, we will reflect on how to find proposals or ways of promoting peaceful and inclusive societies.
Experts in environmental ethics and the promotion of peace in conflict situations will share their research, knowledge and life experience during a conference and a round table discussion. Students from a host of different degree programmes will present proposals for building peace in the form of posters and interactive workshops.
10 to 11 am: Round table
"Real Stories to Promote Peace"
- Dr Dolores Simón. Lecturer in the Faculty of Education at the University of Seville. Director of the education project for people affected by social exclusion in Senegal.
- Ousman Umar. Founder and chairperson of NASCO ICT.
Moderator: Alberto Estévez. Vice-Rector for Organisation and Planning at UIC Barcelona.
11 am to 12:30 pm: Interactive workshops and posters
"Building Peace to Promote Sustainable Development"
- UIC Barcelona students from various degree programmes.
12:30 to 1:30 pm: Colloquium-conference
"Ethical Basis of Sustainable Consumption"
- Dr Emilio Chuvieco. Professor of Geography at the Universidad de Alcalá de Henares and director of the Environmental Ethics Chair.