- Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Conference
Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Conference
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
Location: The Saló de Graus room.
Organised by: the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences
The Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences is organising the first Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Conference where projects and new companies that are generating a social and/or environmental impact in Barcelona will be presented.
Students and interested parties will learn about alternatives to the traditional model of business at first hand for people who are directly involved. They will also discover which organisations are behind this boost to entrepreneurial projects with a social impact and cooperative companies.
9.30 – 10 a.m. Registration
10- 10.15 Welcome from the general director for Social Economy, the Third Sector, Cooperatives and Self-Managed Companies, Josep Vidal, and the vice-dean of the Faculty Frederic Marimón.
10.15 - 10.45 a.m. Inaugural speech by IESE lecturer, Antonio Argandoña: “The social function of companies in society.”
10.45 - 11.45 a.m. Round table on experiences of social entrepreneurship. Speakers:
- Arnau Vilardell, coordinator of Som Mobilitat, will talk about sustainable mobility.
- Ivo Recoder, of the Oasiurbà association will tackle the issue of social housing.
- Núria Nubiola, founder and managing director of Back to Eco will tackle recycling.
- Oihana Parera, brand and product manager at Holaluz.com, will talk about renewable energy.
Moderator: Nina Magomedova, a lecturer at UIC Barcelona
11.45 a.m. - 12.15 p.m. - Coffee break.
12.15 - 12.45 p.m. Round table on financing in social entrepreneurship ecosystems in Barcelona Speakers:
- Manuela Fruda, project advisor at Fundación Goteo,will give a talk on crowdfunding.
- Luís Hernández, fund manager at Esfera Capital Gestión SGIIC, will talk about impact investments.
- Nina González Fernández-Argüelles, coordinator of FETS-Solidarity and Ethical Financing, will analyse financial services.
Moderator: Natàlia Amat, a lecturer at UIC Barcelona.
12. 45 - 13. 15 p.m. Round table on advice about social entrepreneurship ecosystems in Barcelona Speakers:
- Hernán Córdoba, head of advisory services and social economy organisations. Administration and management at La Ciutat Invisible SCCL.
- Guillem Frutos, from the Centre for Socioeconomic Innovation at Barcelona Activa, Innoba.
- Paula Veciana, director of Yunus Social Business City Barcelona.
Moderator: Xavier Palos, technical secretary of the Solidarity Economy Network (XES)
1.15 p.m. Close