- Seminar “Living as a family: being different and growing together”
Seminar “Living as a family: being different and growing together”
Friday 7 February
– 5.45 p.m. Welcome
– 6.00 p.m. Practical session: Men and women, how different are we?
How and when do we discover ourselves as men or women? Is this difference merely a cultural one? In what ways is it shown?
– 7.00 p.m. Talk "Male and female: meaning of the difference given" by Mariolina Ceriotti Migliarese*
Is difference synonymous with inequality? Are male and female two ways of being in the world?
8.00 p.m. Question Time
Saturday 8 February
– 10.15 a.m. Welcome
– 10.30 a.m. Practical session: Paternity/maternity: the difference that reveals who we are
Is a "unigender" family possible? What is the family's role in the distinction of gender? How can the school help the family to fulfil its role?
– 11.30 a.m. Talk "Educating complementarity in the family given" by Mariolina Ceriotti Migliarese*
What relationship do fatherhood and motherhood have with married life? In what sense does the family reveal who you are as a man or as a woman?
– 1.45 p.m. Question and answer session and close of seminar
* Dr Mariolina Ceriotti Migliares is a doctor, and a specialist in child neuropsychiatry. She is a well-known psychotherapist for adults and couples, and also the author of several books: Erótica y materna, Masculino and La familia imperfecta. She currently lives and works in Milan, where she is married and the mother of six children.