Introduction to the course
Over recent years there has been a diagnostic and therapeutic revolution in the treatment of maxillofacial deformities using orthognathic surgery techniques and surgical orthodontics.
Conversely, there are no continuing education courses on the subject at university level. The Surgery and Orthodontics departments of the UIC have a number of experienced professionals with “know-how” in this field. The Maxillofacial Institute sets the standard for orthognathic surgery at a European level.
- To provide tools for diagnosis, clinical planning and 3D radiology.
- To master the essential concepts handling the orthodontic aspect of surgical cases.
- To incorporate the different surgical treatment techniques.
- To highlight the collaboration process between the orthodontist and surgeon in these treatments.
- To provide an update on the latest advances in this field.
Competences students will acquire
- Mastery of the diagnosis and planning processes of surgical cases.
- Knowledge of the protocols for handling every type of clinical situation.
- Knowledge of the orthodontic techniques for each of these cases.
- Knowledge of surgical techniques in facial skeletal surgery.
- Knowledge of procedures on soft tissue.