The treatment of maxillofacial deformities through orthognathic surgery techniques and orthodontics has undergone a diagnostic and therapeutic evolution in recent years. On the other hand, there are no specific continuous education courses in this subject area in universities. The Surgery and Orthodontics Departments at UIC Barcelona contain various professionals with experience and "know-how" in this field. The Maxillofacial Institute is a role model at a European level in terms of orthognathic surgical treatment.
- To provide diagnostic, clinical planning and 3D X-ray tools.
- To master essential concepts in terms of orthodontic management of surgical cases.
- To incorporate the various surgical treatment techniques.
- To emphasise the cooperation process between the orthodontist-surgeon in these treatments.
- To remain up to date in the latest progress in this field.
Competences to be acquired by students
- Mastery of diagnostic and planning processes in surgical cases.
- Knowledge of the management protocols of each clinical situation.
- Knowledge of orthodontic techniques in these same cases
- Knowledge of surgical techniques in facial skeleton surgery
- Knowledge of soft tissue procedures
- Maxillofacial Surgery specialists and residents
- Orthodontics specialists and residents
- Doctors of Stomatology
- Dental surgeons.