Official Catalan certificates
UIC Barcelona gives you the opportunity to certify your knowledge of Catalan at all levels from Basic (A2) to Proficiency (C2). Our university is a member of CIFALC, the Catalan Interuniversity Committee for Language Training and Certification, which holds two regular exam sittings each academic year: on the second Saturday in February and the second Saturday in June. The CIFALC exams will enable you to certify your knowledge of Catalan and earn the following certificates, which are recognised by the Government of Catalonia:
- Basic Catalan certificate (A2, under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR)
- Elementary Catalan certificate (B1, under the MCER)
- Intermediate Catalan certificate (B2, under the MCER)
- Advanced Catalan certificate (C1, under the MCER)
- Advanced Catalan certificate for teaching and research staff (C1, under the MCER)
- Proficiency level Catalan certificate (C2, under the MCER)
If you would like to take the exam corresponding to one of these levels at UIC Barcelona, you must first enrol in a course taught by the Catalan Office of the Institute for Multilingualism, which will entitle you to take the official exam and earn an official certificate. To see the selection of courses with an official certificate, please click on the following link.
To take part in a course, you must certify that you have a certificate for the previous level. Otherwise, you will need to complete a level test at UIC Barcelona's Catalan Office. To arrange a date and time to take the test, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
For more information on Catalan language certificates, please see the following webpage: