Two teams from our university among the winners at the UIC Barcelona UNIV Forum
The team consisting of students from the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences and a student from the Faculty of Law won first and third prize respectively at the UIC Barcelona UNIV Forum.
On Friday 25 February the local stage of the UNIV Forum was held at UIC Barcelona. More than one hundred university students presented a paper on the topic of “A world in movement”.
The seven best papers were chosen. Once this process was complete, a jury consisting of Dr Judith Urbano, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities, Dr María Fernández Arrojo, Dean of the Faculty of Law and Dr Jasmina Berbegal, Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences evaluated them and three winners were chosen.
The winners were:
1st prize - for a Written Paper entitled “Tecnologia: sense llocs de treball en el futur?”, by a team consisting of:
- Arnau Raventós, ADE (Business Studies) UIC Barcelona
- Natàlia Costa, Humanities and Business Studies, UIC Barcelona
- Marc Solé Gañán, Business Studies, UIC Barcelona
- Inés Blanch Molina, Business Studies and Law, UIC Barcelona
- Marc García Cabau, Design, Elisava
Supervised by Pedro García del Barrio, a professor from the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences.
2nd prize - for the social project entitled “Projecte Raval: donant oportunitats” by a team consisting of:
- Carmina Saló Casajuana, Industrial Engineering, BarcelonaTech (UPC)
- Sara Ribes, Industrial Engineering, BarcelonaTech (UPC)
Supervised by Miriam Febrer, a professor at ETSEIB, and the UPC
3rd prize- for a paper entitled “Del "big bang" al "big crunch"” by a team consisting of:
- Luis Valentín Puig Fernández-Tubau, Law, UIC Barcelona
- Alejandro Tamarit Pan, Humanities and Law, UIC Barcelona
- Alejandro Muñoz Saura, Law, UIC Barcelona
- Miquel Moretó Vilella, Law, UIC Barcelona
- Miguel Trias Saladich, Humanities and Law, UIC Barcelona
Supervised by Carlos Espaliú, a professor from the Faculty of Law and director of the Charlemagne Institute for European Studies at UIC Barcelona.
The prize consisted of €1.000 for each team towards their trip to Rome where they will present their papers at the UNIV International Conference which will take place over Easter.