UIC Barcelona signs an agreement with Episcopus to add content to tours of the Vic Cathedral
This afternoon, Episcopus, an initiative of the Diocese of Vic, signed a cooperation agreement with the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC Barcelona) in the sacristy of the Vic Cathedral, whereby the University will draft an interactive tour for the Vic Cathedral. This agreement will be valid for the 2nd semester of the 2017-2018 academic year and the 1st semester of the 2018-2019 academic year. On the part of UIC Barcelona, the commission will be handled by Dr Judith Urbano and Dr Marta Crispí, members of the History, Architecture and Design Research Group.
Under the agreement, the research group will provide the Diocese of Vic the following:
- Definition of the information points for the tour of the Vic Cathedral and the content of each one. These points will include: the cathedral’s nave and chapels, crypt, Romanesque and Gothic cloister, bell tower, the Gothic altarpiece of St Peter, the chapels of Santa Maria La Rodona and the Holy Spirit, the permanent exhibition of works by Josep Maria Sert and the cathedral’s paintings, as well as any other areas of the cathedral deemed appropriate.
- Definition of the exhibition spaces and a detailed description of the content and museum resources.
- Drafting of supplementary tour materials: pamphlets, guides, monographs, etc.
- Organisation of promotional activities that will accompany the project: tours, conference series, workshops...
- Proposal and drafting of content for digital resources.
The agreement will consist of two phases: the first in the second semester of the 2017-2018 academic year, and second in the first semester of the 2018-2019 academic year. The cost of phase one will be €10,000. This project is financed by the Barcelona Regional Council as part of the Episcopus Project. To monitor the implementation of this agreement, a joint monitoring committee has been set up and features representatives from each of the signing parties.