UIC Barcelona Executive Master’s Degree in Big Data Science is the programme for you if you are a professional who would like to develop further in the fields of Big Data and Advanced Analytics. We will teach you to take decisions in business environments that involve a high volume of data generated at great speed, in which the extraction of knowledge is key. Based on advanced analytical techniques (predictive and prescriptive), visualisation and the design of suitable environments and architecture, we will provide you with the knowledge to tackle Big Data projects.
This Master’s degree involves theoretical and practical on-site classes to provide analytical and technological guidance in classes taught by well-known professionals from the sector, which include undertaking practical exercises in real environments. The classes are taught on-site, except the final project, and the methodology that will be used is learning by doing, in order to ensure the acquisition of competences.
At the same time real cases are studied for project-based practicums. You will undertake your Final Master’s Degree Project based on the support and supervision of a tutor/professional supervisor and you will work using the tools and datasets involved in real business situations.
- To understand the context of Big Data projects and the analytical transformation of organisations and sectors.
- To learn and extract knowledge from large volumes of data and a wide variety of sources.
- To learn how to use Data Analysis and incorporate it into decision-making processes.
- To master the full cycle of data: from acquisition and storage, process and analysis, to the visualisation and creation of dashboards.
- To know and practice the application of statistical methods and Machine Learning.
- To know and practice using the main Big Data technologies and architecture. Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, Neo4J, etc.
This Master’s degree is right for you if you’d like to move towards Big Data and Data Analysis. It is aimed at professionals from different business areas and specialisations: Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Law, Innovation, Finance, HR and Operations, etc.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to take on the following positions and responsibilities:
- Data Scientist
- Consultant / Analyst for Big Data projects
- Director of Big Data projects
- R&D project analyst
- Data analyst