The principal objectives of the programme are:
- To offer specialised postgraduate training in a way that meets the needs of today’s companies and the decision-making processes they face.
- To enhance participants’ theoretical and practical knowledge of the concepts and methods for managing processes for product innovation, planning, production and distribution, and to apply this knowledge to problem-solving within companies.
- To introduce students to various models of company management, financing, strategies and operative systems.
- To provide participants with the skills necessary for managing human resources and working with the human and social aspects of business operations.
University graduates (with or without professional experience) with degrees in Engineering or any discipline related to business management, and who hope to enhance their training and seek careers in product and service company management, with a global perspective (please see requirements and admissions criteria for further information).
- University Master’s Degree in Business Management and Production Systems from the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (an officially recognised Spanish qualification).
About the master's degree
This was one of the first qualifications to be recognised as an official university master’s degree according to the criteria set out for the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
This Master’s degree aims to professionalise and teach people who are willing to take on the passionate task of instigating, organising and managing business projects, whether these involve production or services, in any of their different sectors. It is important to point out the strong practical focus, which is based on work placements in companies. The course also has a strong international focus, and attracts high numbers of foreign students.
Both the course structure and the teaching staff ensure that the programme meets the demands of today’s companies. These companies operate in an international context, and require employees with a good technical background who also have human qualities that ensure they are equipped to take on projects, making decisions based on both rigor and responsibility.