This programme is aimed at students who have been admitted to the Tulane University to start their Architecture studies in the spring. As the last step prior to your university adventure at Tulane, the UIC Barcelona School of Architecture offers you the opportunity to study during the autumn term in Barcelona, obtaining credits which you will then be able to transfer directly to Tulane to continue your studies there.
It is a unique opportunity to get to know another country and culture at first hand, and will undoubtedly contribute to your personal growth and future professional development. At the UIC Barcelona School of Architecture you can access a rigorous academic programme which includes learning Spanish, history of art and architecture or mathematics. Also, you will benefit from a parallel programme of activities which will provide you with knowledge about Antoni Gaudí, one of the geniuses of Catalan architecture, and you will be able to travel to other parts of Spain. You will also attend conferences by prestigious Spanish architects.
Reasons to study for a semester at UIC Barcelona
- You will study in Barcelona, the hub of Catalan Modernism and a role model in terms of global architecture.
- You will gain access to a rigorous academic programme that will provide you with the grounding to continue your studies at the Tulane University.
- You will learn Spanish and have a cultural experience that is unique here in Europe.
- You will be able to start your architecture studies in Barcelona and then your credits will be recognised at the Tulane University.
- Your professional profile will be enriched due to your international experience.
- You will learn about the Catalan and Spanish architectural traditions and the current situation in terms of local architecture.
- You will get to know students from across the globe and create an international network of contacts.