Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure under great demand which is very popular in dentistry today. The differing clinical situations of patients mean that clinicians must stay up to date on different procedures in teeth whitening that can meet those needs, obtaining predictable and successful results.
The objective of this course is to train students in theoretical/practical skills to implement colour assessment and teeth whitening.
The objective of this course is to train students in theoretical/practical skills to implement colour assessment and teeth whitening protocols. During the course we will teach students the criteria for the types of tooth whitening, diagnosis, prognosis, and develop an adequate treatment plan for each case.
During the course students will learn about the following areas:
- Tooth colour.
- Digital colour assessment.
- Colour control in teeth whitening during treatment.
- Teeth whitening.
- In-clinic teeth whitening.
- At-home teeth whitening.
- Root canal tooth whitening.
- Combination whitening.
Competences to be acquired by students
So they can undertake the following actions:
- Make a correct colour assessment.
- Make a correct diagnostic protocol prior to choosing the materials to use.
- Correctly isolate for teeth whitening.
- Learn about the different whitening products for each case.
- Correctly apply whitening gel.
- Know how to deal with sensitive teeth, before and after whitening.
- Monitor the changes in colour using a digital protocol.
The course is aimed at university graduates in dentistry.