Sedation techniques using nitrous oxide are one more tool in dental clinics to handle treatment for anxious patients. Dentists require their assistants to understand and be aware of the work dynamics, as well as the instructions and equipment required for these techniques, as well as basic knowledge of the advantages and risks involved in these procedures.
Together with sedation techniques, BLS-AED training is essential for the entire dental clinic team.
- Knowing how to manage patients under sedation with nitrous oxide.
- Knowing how to operate the necessary equipment.
- Knowledge of the advantages, disadvantages and risks involved in these techniques.
- Knowing the protocols to follow for unconscious patients that stop breathing.
- Knowing how to use an AED.
- The student will know how to handle the patient and prepare him or her for sedation.
- The student will know the advantages, disadvantages and risks involved in nitrous sedation.
- The student will be able to identify the different parts of the machine, and will know how to assemble it, prepare it and how it runs.
- The student will know the BLS protocols.
- The student will know how to use an AED.