This programme is aimed at professionals, both generalist and specialist, who wish to expand their knowledge in the field of dentistry. The advantage of this programme is that it combines theory sessions with in vitro practical sessions using the materials and techniques explained.
During the practical session there are at least two lecturers present, so they become very closely supervised and personalised sessions.
The programme offers an advanced perspective on sedation using nitrous oxide in dentistry and cardiopulmonary resuscitation, but also covers concepts of the clinical pharmacology of medical gases and offers practical sessions on cardiopulmonary resuscitation and the use of defibrillators and equipment for conscious sedation with nitrous oxide. The nitrous oxide sedation course aims to ensure students improve the quality of the treatment they provide, and that they can safely handle treatment.
- Update current knowledge on conscious sedation.
- Be able to plan treatments using nitrous oxide sedation.
- Describe the basic components of inhalation sedation equipment.
- Analyse the function of each of the components.
- Know and analyse the techniques for applying nitrous oxide sedation, indications and contraindications.
- Know and analyse the advantages and disadvantages of inhalation sedation.
- Know, prevent and treat complications association with inhalation sedation.
- Update knowledge on pharmacology applied to sedation.
- Know cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Know how to use an AED.
The Course on Nitrous Oxide Conscious Sedation in Dentistry Practice is a programme aimed at all professionals (stomatologists or dentists) who wish to update and expand their knowledge in the field of general dentistry and its specialities.
Competences. Course objective
- The programme “Conscious Sedation with Nitrous Oxide in Dental Practice” provides an update of knowledge, techniques and protocols for action in line with the latest trends in this field.
- The student makes progress and improves quality in his or her dentistry treatments. As it is a theoretical and practical course, the student will practise under the constant supervision of a lecturer. This allows the student to compare and see which techniques are best for handling more complex cases.
- Having completed the programme “Course on Conscious Sedation with Nitrous Oxide in Dentistry”, the student will be able to handle with discernment the majority of treatments for sedation using this technique.