Dentistry professionals need to have a good understanding of the field of paediatric dentistry, since the preservation and good health of primary teeth is essential in order to favour the physiological change to a complete set of permanent teeth without complications or diseases. Primary teeth are important, as they are necessary for children to chew and for cosmetic reasons. They need to keep the space for the permanent teeth to come through and assist in jaw development and vocalisation.
- Students should acquire the necessary knowledge to care for children, both preventatively and in terms of treatment.
- The students study the essential subject of behaviour management with child patients at theoretical and practical levels.
- An optional practical week is also included in which practical work is undertaken in the laboratory and with patients of the University Dental Hospital (CUO).
Competences to be acquired by students
- The Online Diploma in Paediatric Dentistry course shares the latest knowledge, techniques and protocols, bringing students up to date on developments in this specialist field.
- Students will obtain up-to-date evidence-based knowledge on how to best manage child dental patients.
- Students will be able to draw up a proper preventative and treatment plan for a child patient.
- Students will acquire the necessary knowledge to manage the behaviour of both compliant and non-compliant children.
Prospective student profile
The Diploma in Paediatric Dentistry (Online) is aimed at professionals (stomatologists and dentists) who wish to update and expand their knowledge in the field of endodontics and who do not have the time and/or means to participate in an on-site course.