In recent years the field of Endodontics has evolved dramatically to the point that it is virtually essential to know about and keep abreast of this area in order to practice high quality dentistry.
This course is aimed at those professionals, general practitioners and specialists seeking to enter the field or consolidate their knowledge of Endodontics. The advantage of this course is that is combines theoretical sessions on cutting edge and advanced topics along with in vitro practice using state-of-the-art materials and techniques. Students will be taught a step-by-step guide to high quality endodontic treatment.
The laboratory where practical work will be carried out has a number of optical microscopes where students can perform different treatments with high levels of enhanced vision. The practical sessions are very focused and personalised.
The course offers a wide overview of endodontics where basic concepts of pulpo-periapical pathology, instrumentation and obturation will be covered. The goal of the “Intensive Course for General Clinical Endodontics” is to introduce students to high quality endodontology treatments. The aim is for students to acquire practical skills in rotary and reciprocal instrumentation, as well as in thermoplastic obturation.
- To impart up-to-date knowledge about advanced endodontics: Instrumentation and obturation.
- Training in dental magnification microscopes.
- Teaching advanced techniques for complex cases.
- Training the students to deal with cases of retreatment.
- Training in orthopaedic surgery and planning apical surgery treatment.
- Handling new technologies.
- Knowing how to assess the difficulty of an endodontic case and plan correctly for it.
Competences the student will acquire
- The “Intensive Endodontics Course for General Practice” provides an update of knowledge, techniques and action protocols in line with the latest developments in the speciality.
- It is essentially a practical course that aims to introduce students to modern endodontics with the highest possible levels of confidence and security. To achieve this, the course offers a wide range of materials and techniques that students can put into practice in their own clinics.
- Upon completing the “Intensive Endodontics Course for General Practice”, students will be qualified to perform the majority (90%) of endodontic treatments.
Prospective student profile
The Intensive Course on Advanced Endodontics is aimed at those professionals (stomatologists and dentists) who wish to update and expand their knowledge in the field of endodontics and who do not have the time and/or means to participate in a longer course.