We are putting forward an eminently practical approach to Oral Medicine with the aim of enabling participants to identify, diagnose and manage the most frequent disorders that may occur in the oral cavity.
It can be combined with the theoretical online course "Update in oral pathology"
To provide students with the necessary learning tools to diagnose and treat lesions of the oral and glandular mucosa; and also to acquire skills in taking biopsies of potentially malignant oral mucosa disorders from patients.
Competences the students will acquire
- To distinguish between the normal and the pathological
- To detect the presence of a pathology
- To position the nature of the pathology within a clinical framework
- To be able to take simple biopsies from the oral cavity
- To treat susceptible patients and correctly assess those that should be referred
- To have an action protocol for patients with oral pathologies