IMOS focuses on oral surgery techniques. IMOS provides the students with basic and advanced surgical skills in oral surgery. The aim of this program is to be a comprehensive complement for dentists focused in oral surgery. After graduating from IMOS, students should be able to manage complex oral surgical and implantologic clinical cases. IMOS students will receive a high level of THEORETICAL and practical training in diagnosis, treatment planning, and surgical management of oral surgical pathology for three consecutive years. They will also achieve advanced research skills. In the field of implant dentistry, IMOS will not only cover surgical aspects, but also presurgical planning, prosthetic guided surgery, and rehabilitation.
Competences. Course objective
Upon completion of the programme, students should be able to deal with highly complicated cases both in terms of surgery and implantology. Based on this objective, students will receive a high level of education both at a theoretical and a practical level, as well as in the area of research. In the field of implantology, they will not only cover the surgical area, but will also receive training in terms of case planning, guided prosthodontic surgery and subsequent rehabilitation.
- Surgical techniques for teeth extractions: roots, wisdom teeth, not erupted teeth.
- Diagnosis, planning and treatment of the edentulism with dental implants.
- To become familiar with oral rehabilitation treatments with dental implants. To know how to do the diagnosis and planning of the clinical cases from the surgery to the prosthetic.
- Preprothesic and periodontics advanced surgery techniques.
- To know how to perform differential diagnosis of intraoral lesions.
- To know how to do biopsies in intraoral lesions.
- To learn how to do a differential diagnosis of x-ray images in conventional radiology, ct-scan and cone beam ct scan.
- Treatment of maxillar cystic pathology.
- Surgical treatment of periapical lesions.
- Frenulum surgical treatment (labial and lingual).
- Salivar litiasis treatment in the wharton conduct.
- Treatment and diagnosis of dentoalveolar fractures.
- To learn to present and to debate clinical cases.
- To improve their abilities during public presentations.
- To know the steps in order to make a correct presentation of the doctoral thesis.
- To present a final master work (TFM).
An International Master's degree in Oral Surgery: 180 ECTS