Recent advances in communication technologies mean that long-distance communication is now possible with an ease that was unthinkable only a few years ago. The use of such technologies therefore means that the majority of training activities in a postgraduate course can be performed remotely with no need for direct physical contact.
As a result, the main benefit of this course is that it provides access to high-level postgraduate training for those people who are unable to physically relocate to another university for two years, thereby allowing students to maintain family and/or work-related bonds while giving them the opportunity to invest the time and dedication required to achieve the training objectives proposed by this course.
Although the unique nature of dentistry requires a minimum physical presence at the UIC, this can be scheduled for each student individually, thereby minimising disruption to their family and/or working life.
This course requires a minimum dedication of two hours per day plus working time at weekends. Communication is conducted by videoconference using the Webex system and teaching sessions are held daily by way of seminars.
The main aim of the course is to train students in current concepts of dental restoration. To this end, the following specific objectives have been established:
- To gain an in-depth understanding of dental physiology and anatomy.
- To identify the various diseases that affect the tooth, determining their etiopathogenesis.
- To learn to use the various tools of use for diagnosing dental disease.
- To understand the properties of the different materials used in dental restorations.
- To learn how to use the different materials used in dental restorations.
- To understand and apply the various clinical techniques for dental restoration.
- To establish case-selection and treatment-planning criteria for dental restoration.
- To learn how to use the various training and IT systems concerning dental disease and restoration.
- To relate dental restoration to other fields of dentistry and medicine to achieve comprehensive patient care.
- To gain an introduction to dental restoration research.
Degree holders in:
- Medicine (with a specialisation in Stomatology)
On-line Masters in Aesthetic Dentistry from the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.