Nitrous oxide dental sedation techniques provide professionals yet another tool for managing anxious patients. Dentists need their auxiliaries to understand and be familiar with the work dynamics, indications and equipment used in these procedures and have basic knowledge of their risks and advantages.
- To learn how to work with nitrous oxide sedation of patients.
- To learn to use the necessary equipment.
- To understand the risks, advantages and drawbacks of these techniques.
Competences and learning outcomes to be acquired by students
- Students will learn how to manage and prepare patients for sedation.
- Students will understand the advantages, drawbacks and risks of nitrous oxide sedation.
- Students will learn to identify the parts of the equipment and to how to assemble, prepare and operate them.
Dental assistants and hygienists.