The main objective of the Master in Research in Dentistry is to provide the knowledge and tools needed to continue in a doctoral program in the field of health, following a methodology based on ethics and scientific evidence.
To achieve this main objective, this Master will
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for effective clinical and research materials in the field of dentistry skills.
- Promote the acquisition of skills, attitudes and behaviors that facilitate scientific interaction with the environment to properly solve research problems.
- Promote research in Dentistry and continuing education for the study of new techniques and improvements in the dental profession.
- Provide the necessary tools to work together and coordinate multidisciplinary projects.
Other complementary objectives
- To form expert persons in the scientific method capable of planning, executing and interpreting the results of research projects, taking into account economic, regulatory, legal, ethical and humanitarian aspects.
- To train experts in the molecular basis of diagnosis and treatment of major diseases in the field of dentistry.
- To develop a solid foundation in the use of methodological and instrumental research techniques that allows joining in research in both public and private laboratories.
- To offer the possibility to complement the clinical training with a strong background in research.
All candidates who meet the criteria and general requisites for access to the study programme will be able to apply for entry. However, the recommended entry profile is:
- Degree holders in Dentistry, Medicine, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Veterinary Sciences or other study programmes from the field of health sciences
- A level of English that is equivalent to a B2
- An interest in science and research
- Good decision-making skills
- Discipline, a good memory and dedication
- A personality based on responsibility and solidarity
- Sensitivity and empathy for the pain felt by others
- Observation skill
- A good team-player