Presentation of the course
The orthodontic and surgical communities of the last decades have witnessed a prodigious revolution in the treatment of dento-maxillofacial deformity. In the surgical field, improved rigid fixation systems and substantial technical refinements have given way to the development of minimally invasive surgical protocols and alternative therapeutic schemes to shorten total treatment time and optimize results. In the orthodontic field, an improved understanding of bone biology together with the introduction of new anchorage devices and orthodontic systems have increased orthodontic efficiency, broadened the scope of deformities susceptible to orthodontic and combined therapy, and reduced treatment times. This set of webinars, delivered by some of the best internationally renowned speakers in orthognathic surgery and surgical orthodontics, will provide a comprehensive state-of-the-art view of the treatment of dento-maxillofacial deformity.
- To provide the necessary 3D tools for diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment outcome evaluation.
- To master the essential concepts in the orthodontic management of surgical cases.
- To understand the different surgical techniques in the surgeon’s armamentarium.
- To emphasize the cooperative teamwork between the orthodontist and surgeon.
- To do an update on the most contemporary techniques both in the field of orthodontics and maxillofacial surgery, for the correction of dento-maxillofacial deformity.
Competences and learning outcomes to be acquired by students
- To master the diagnostic process and treatment planning of surgical cases.
- To learn the different treatment protocols available, and to understand how each one of them can be customized to each situation.
- To learn the orthodontic techniques for the treatment of surgical cases.
- To learn the orthognathic surgery techniques for the correction of dento-maxillofacial deformity.
- To learn the different soft tissue procedures for optimal esthetic results.
- Specialists in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Residents in their last year of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Specialists in Orthodontics
- Residents in their last year of Orthodontics