The treatment of maxillofacial deformities using techniques of orthognathic surgery and surgical orthodontics has undergone a diagnostic and therapeutic revolution in recent years Meanwhile, there are currently no Continuing education programmes on this topic at a university level. The UIC’s Department of Surgery and Orthodontics and Department of Dentofacial Orthopaedics include a number of experienced professionals with know-how in this field. The Maxillofacial Institute is a leading reference point for orthognathic surgery treatments in Europe.
- To provide tools for diagnosis, clinical planning and 3D radiology.
- To master the essential concepts of the orthodontic handling of surgical cases.
- To incorporate the various surgical treatment techniques.
- To stress the collaboration process between the orthodontist and surgeon in these treatments.
- To provide an update on the latest advances in this field.
- Mastery of the diagnosis and planning processes of surgical cases.
- Knowledge of the protocols for handling every clinical situation.
- Knowledge of the orthodontic techniques for each of these cases.
- Knowledge of surgical techniques in facial skeletal surgery.
- Knowledge of procedures on soft tissues.