In recent years the field of Endodontics has evolved dramatically to the point that it is virtually essential to know about and keep abreast of this area in order to practice high quality dentistry.
This course is aimed at those professionals, general practitioners and specialists seeking to enter the field or consolidate their knowledge of Endodontics. The advantage of this course is that is combines theoretical sessions on cutting-edge and advanced topics along with in vitro practice using state-of-the-art materials and techniques. Students will be taught a step-by-step guide to high quality endodontic treatment.
The laboratory where practical work will be carried out has a number of optical microscopes where students can perform different treatments with high levels of enhanced vision. During practical sessions there are always a minimum of three teaching staff in the laboratory meaning that practical work become very focussed and personalised.
The course offers a wide overview of endodontics where basic concepts of pulpo-periapical pathology, instrumentation and obturation will be covered. The goal of the “XIX Intensive Course for General Clinical Endodontics” is to introduce students to high quality endodontology treatments. The aim is for students to acquire practical skills in rotary and reciprocal instrumentation, as well as in thermoplastic obturation.
- To perform a correct diagnosis and treatment plan.
- To achieve a good chamber opening.
- To achieve the correct biomechanical preparation.
- To achieve the correct three-dimensional obturation.
- To deal correctly with endodontological emergencies and accidents.
Competences the students will adquire
- The “XIX Intensive Course for General Clinical Endodontics” provides an update of knowledge, techniques and action protocols in line with the latest trends in the speciality.
- It is essentially a practical course that aims to introduce students to modern endodontics with the highest possible levels of confidence and security. To achieve this, the course offers a wide range of materials and techniques that students can put into practice in their own clinics.
- Once the “XX Intensive Course for General Clinical Endodontics” is completed, students will be qualified to perform the majority (90%) of endodontic treatments.