On an ageing planet we aspire to improve people's quality of life. This widespread trend is responsible for one of today's most dynamic industries: accessibility and design for all is now practically a requirement for a growing number of sectors. As a result, the market demand for companies and professionals capable of responding to people's accessibility needs and assuring quality of life is also increasing.
Through UIC Barcelona's Postgraduate Degree in Accessibility and Design for All you will become an expert in accessibility, helping you provide equal opportunities for all citizens irrespective of disability or temporarily reduced mobility. The teaching programme will allow you to analyse and understand accessibility criteria with respect to the venues, routes, elements, products and services around us. You will find out how to apply the so-called concept of "unnoticed accessibility", which uses standardisation criteria and ensures design for all is applied to commonly-used items. You will become familiar with all the necessary details, learn how to develop low-cost or no-cost projects and critically explore the main laws and regulations governing accessibility.
In short, a specialised programme that will teach students to understand, identify, design, market and facilitate accessible design for all.
There is a social demand and a very large market demand for companies and professionals who respond to everyone's design needs.
This social and business reality suggests the need to open up new avenues of specialisation for professionals to develop both areas of knowledge, comprehensively collecting the different techniques and skills that make this union one of the activities with the most potential for jobs and development.
These professionals are located in a key sector for the future and carry out their activities in companies and public and private organizations with essential training to develop their activities. This is how the concept of the "accessibility consultant" arose.
- The course is aimed at municipal officials, government departments, private companies and those responsible for occupational hazards, in which accessibility is a priority.
- It is also aimed at technical professionals such as architects, engineers, interior designers, decorators, experts, academics, developers, builders, etc..
- Health professionals: doctors, psychologists, nurses, physiotherapists, clinical assistants, prevention of occupational hazards staff, and so on.
- Tourism professionals working in hotels, restaurants, customer service, travel agencies, tourism officers, human resource officers, etc.
- Professionals from the social sector, such as NGOs and foundations, social workers, caregivers, etc.
- Communication professionals: journalists, public relations staff, teachers, event management and organisation staff, marketing and advertising professionals, etc.
- Independent professionals: lawyers, economists, business managers, ergonomists, estate managers, educators.
- Ultimately the course is aimed at society as a whole.
Those enrolling will be graduates in:
- Interior design
- Health Sciences
- Education, etc.