This master’s degree, through case studies, practicums and simulation, provides students the finest tools, enabling them to acquire the skills necessary for diagnosing and treating anterior segment pathology.
UIC Barcelona works in cooperation with the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre, which boasts cutting-edge diagnostic instruments, a world renowned teaching staff, exclusive treatments and a large caseload.
The objectives of the Master’s Degree in Pathology and Surgery of the Anterior Segment of the Eye are:
- To train students through protocols for diagnosing anterior segment pathology;
- To provide participants the skills necessary for medically and surgically treating the described ocular disorders;
- For students to specialise in the most prevalent pathologies of the anterior segment of the eye.
- To become familiar with the main disorders of the anterior segment of the eye, giving students the elements necessary for diagnosing and treating glaucoma and pathologies of the lens and ocular surface.
- To provide the knowledge required to implement the main preventive attitudes and treat complications in anterior segment surgery.
- To learn to properly inform patients about the prognosis of their illness.
- To become familiar with the latest diagnostic imaging technologies and recent therapeutic developments in anterior segment surgery.
- Holders of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine
Students who successfully complete this programme will receive a master’s diploma issued by UIC Barcelona.