At UIC Barcelona we provide training in the field of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (OMT), a specialised branch of physiotherapy. We assess and treat neuromusculoskeletal disorders. This master's course is based on clinical reasoning, a biopsychosocial approach to patients and scientific and clinical evidence.
OMT incorporates all of the information and experience of Manual Therapy (MT) and meets the training standards laid out by the IFOMPT.
If you are a physiotherapist, the Master's Degree in OMT will help you:
- Incorporate a scientific evidence- and measurement results-based approach into your procedures.
- Recognise risk factors, precautions and contraindications and make the patient part of the assessment and treatment process.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of the neuromusculoskeletal system, including functions and disorders.
- Establish a clinical diagnosis and design a comprehensive treatment plan as part of a multidisciplinary health care team
- Gain expertise in all OMT procedures with a view to alleviating pain and optimising the patient's functional abilities.
- Adopt advanced clinical approaches as part of a patient-focused care model.
- Design and take part in health management and promotion programmes as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team.
Who is it intended for? Prospective students
Students with a degree in Physiotherapy
Find below the link to download the competencies: