Health promotion is the process which allows people to increase control over their own health in order to improve it. All of this is set up in the form of activities that are not care or prevention-related. They are aimed at improving the competences of individuals, groups, organisations and populations so that they can increase control over their own health.
Through the knowledge, techniques ad skills which you will acquire through this postgraduate programme, you have to act in the best way according to the nature of each situation.
Each case will be studied and evaluated using strategies that are different to those used in research projects.
To provide the cross-disciplinary competences necessary to carry out professional measures aimed at developing healthy environments and lifestyles: planning, design, implementation and assessment of health promotion interventions in different settings.
Once you complete the programme will will be able to:
- Identify the promotion of good health needs in different contexts and populations.
- Analyse the complexity of the phenomenon and situations susceptible to intervention in the area of health promotion.
- Critically analyse epidemiological information.
- Revise and critically evaluate scientific literature.
- Use qualitative methodologies for the detection of needs.
- Identify resources within the environment.
- Understand the psychosocial factors which determine changes in health behaviour.
- Design the necessary learning processes in order to consolidate healthy habits and lifestyles.
- Be aware of the different intervention methodologies; identify and put into practice the most appropriate ones for each situation.
- Designing processes for evaluation and results.
This programme is aimed at professionals from different disciplines that are currently working or have the purpose to start working on health promotion for different fields.
Postgraduate Degree in Health Promotion: Projects Design and Development from UIC Barcelona