The Poyet Method's craniosacral therapy is a therapeutic procedure that we include in the list of manual therapies. It draws heavily from classic osteopathy insofar as structure and biomechanics are concerned, yet has a strong grounding in energetics. The fundamental basis of cranial mechanics as established by Sutherland is indispensable for developing a general understanding of this technique. We must also include Maurice Raymond Poyet's findings, which may be summarised as follows:
- Gentle, determined pressure.
- The craniosacral concept. Crucial to the treatment due to the energy chains.
- Diagnosis, assessment and holistic treatment of the body.
This method is based on the primary respiratory motion (MRP), taking as origin the synchondrosis spheno (SEB), spread to every structure and tissue through the fascial or connective system. For any MRP dysfunction is altered, so the first step in balancing tissue from the perspective of Poyet, is to approximate it.
An identifying feature of the method Poyet is the use of cranial somatotopías to diagnose and verify the post-treatment. That is, the existence of reflex points located on the bones of the skull and face, where are represented all regions of the body.
In his later years, RMPoyet, looking for ways to supplement their method and included the energy model and osteopathic manual practice. This was possible thanks to the collaboration and participation in their courses Pialoux Marc.
Informational or method of Osteopathy-Pialoux Poyet has incorporated this line of work that Poyet was perfect his method. This allows the fusion of two completely different therapeutic models to the present: the Eastern and Western model, in favor of a more global view of the individual, which can not separate the physical, mental and energy.
- To learn about the main theoretical principles on which the Poyet Method is grounded and apply it correctly on a therapeutic level.
- To develop the necessary skills to implement the theoretical concepts.
- To develop manual dexterity, an essential tool in physiotherapy. The objective is to provide holistic treatment to people with some kind of condition.
- To be able to assess a patient based on their knowledge of Traditional Chinese Medicine (acupuncture) as applied to manual therapy.
Postgraduate diploma in Informational Energetic Osteopathy. The Poyet Method.