UIC Barcelona's Double Degree in Humanities and Journalism will teach you how to study and describe our sociocultural reality in a systematic and principled manner.
This course will let you combine a humanistic education with the descriptive, ethical and communicative skills that studying journalism will give you. You'll acquire a series of skills in high demand in the communications sector, entailing both the critical and responsible analysis of information and the efficient and accurate reporting of it via different media.
Advantages of the programme
- More employment opportunities. In five years, you'll have two degrees, one in humanities and cultural studies and another in journalism, which means you will have two distinct paths into the workforce.
- Personalised guidance. You'll work in small groups and be supported by a mentor throughout your studies.
- A humanist with media skills. This double degree will equip you with a series of skills in great demand in the communications sector that will set you apart.
- International outlook. You will receive professionally-oriented training that will allow you to build your knowledge in international contexts.
- BEA grants.You will be eligible for BEA grant for academic excellence for up to 80% of the fees for the journalism degree. BEA grants are based on your academic record.
- Compulsory work placement. You are guaranteed direct contact with the business world during your studies. You may also do extracurricular work placement from your second year on in the humanities degree.
- Cutting-edge facilities. You'll have access to a set, a recording studio, editing rooms and a radio studio with work placement from your first year.