The main objective of this course is to provide students with theoretical and practical knowledge of the basic aspects regarding current legislation governing the activities of museums and foundations and their earnings, and the different means of financing the activities carried out by these entities, along with aspects related to intellectual copyright. In addition, the course aims to strengthen the students’ knowledge of the techniques and skills necessary for the legal and financial management of these entities.
- To get familiar and learn to use legal terminology and concepts.
- To be able to access and interpret international law regarding culture and art.
- To solve legal issues regarding the protection and management of culture and art.
- To reach a global overview of the set of rules which regulate this area of knowledge and understand the consequences of beaching those rules.
- To provide students with an understanding of core aspects of intellectual property laws and practice.
- To encourage students to think pragmatically about the importance of intellectual prosperity rights in the cultural business.