The Faculty of Humanities at UIC Barcelona and the Pineda Foundation jointly teach this course, in which you will learn about trends, lifestyles and dress codes: three elements that determine how we dress. Fashion communicates and reflects our identity and our social context. This course offers:
- An overview of the history of clothing and its social meaning.
- A explanation of how trends are generated and propagated and their impact on lifestyles.
- An analysis of the cultural value fashion has today.
- A justification of issues related to protocol and dress code and its social validity.
This course is taught partially online 32 hours (25 online and 7 on-site).
It contains 5 topics that can also be found in the Pineda Foundation’s virtual classroom.
Passing the course involves reading and studying the various topics. When each page is turned questions will be asked that will help you to focus your attention and prove that you are achieving progress in the course. Forums will also be available, where students can participate and interact with each other.
At the end of the course you will have to pass a self-assessment and create a final project that will help you to assimilate, consolidate and apply the knowledge you have acquired.
Students will be offered any necessary advice.
Who is it aimed at?
- Students (Humanities, Communication, Business Studies, etc.)
- Consultants, creatives, fashion businesspeople.
- People who are interested in looking into greater depth into fashion as a social phenomenon.
- It may be of interest for people involved in education, professors, etc.