The Master’s Degree in Paediatric Dentistry is a course that involves a significant period of time in the clinic. You must have the material detailed below to ensure you can complete the course correctly.
General material for daily use
- Windows or Apple laptop
- Keynote or PowerPoint presentation programs
- Memory stick (USB pen drive) with at least 16 GB
The University Dental Clinic (UCD) provides uniforms, but does not provide the surgical caps or footwear required for the clinic. The UCD will provide all the disposable materials required for patient care (alginate, silicone, sutures, gauze, etc.).
To access the CUO, the student must bring:
— Personal protection face screen
— Full protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses. In this case the full protection glasses are not necessary. All other material of special protection will be provided by the clinic.
The remaining material consists of:
- Intraoral mirrors and paediatric separators.
- 5 examination kits (mirror, probe and tweezers)
- 5 dental excavators.
- 1 dam perforator + 2 clamp holders + 2 frame arch carriers.
- 2 No. 27 and No. 26 clamps, and 1 No. 212 clamp.
- 1 mixing spatula.
- 4 anaesthetic syringes.
- 2 dental composite spatulas.
- 2 periodontal probes.
- 2 dental mouth openers for children (Molt mouth gag).
- Planmenca phosphate Rx No. 2 (4 pack)(**)
- Digital camera: (e.g. Nikon Camera D7100 + Macro 105 mm + Sigma ring flash EM-140 DG) (e.g. Canon Camera 60D+ Macro Lens 100 mm + Canon annular flash)
- Turbine and Midwest (M4) adapter with 4 outputs*
If you have an articulator, we recommend bringing it with to neuro-occlusal rehabilitation sessions. Students will also require rulers and a geometry set for cephalometric tracing.
(*) For the adapter, please check model and compatibility.
(**) On request.