Contact with the world of work is fundamental to ensure students receive a comprehensive education. UIC Barcelona holds work placement agreements with a large number of companies in both the national and international fields for each of its degree programmes. In the case of the Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, the following areas can be highlighted:
The main aim of the work placements is for students to come into contact with the world of journalism and acquire all the skills necessary to successfully adapt to the labour market. Also, the work placement environment is ideal to apply the concepts learned in class.
At the UIC we connect with student’s professional futures and place a wide range of companies from the sector at their disposal for work placements. Likewise, we undertake individual monitoring to ensure that the objectives marked out are achieved in terms of the tasks to be undertaken, learning, assimilation of knowledge and the acquisition of competences.
The professional opportunities this degree will offer you include:
- Director: radio, television and written press.
- Scriptwriter: television and radio.
- Writer: television, radio, written press, publications, magazines, internet, news agencies, etc.
- Reporter: television, radio, written press, publications, magazines, internet, news agencies, etc.
- Editor: television, radio, written press, publications, magazines, multimedia content, news agencies, etc.
- Presenter: radio and television.
- Correspondent: television, radio and written press.
- Commentator: radio and television.
Press officer or head of institutional communication.
- Corporate communication departments and offices.
- Research and teaching.
- Coolhunting (trend spotting).
- Media consultant.
- Website manager.
- Publishing jobs.
- ENG professional.
- Advertising and design agencies.
- Production companies.
- Fashion and trends industry communication.