Application for admissions
If you are interested in studying this Masters degree, you must do the following:
Fill in the application form which you must request from email@example.com
Send by post or hand in the necessary documentation to the Faculty of Dentistry.
Personal interview: A personal interview will be held with the Master’s programme director and coordinator. Students will be assessed on academic merit, teamwork and professional experience.
English test: oral/written English test (recommended, level B2).
Documentation required for registration
- Pre-registration sheet correctly filled in.
- Certified photocopy of the student’s corresponding degree certificate (with certification)*.
- Academic certificate of the student’s qualifications (original or certified photocopies)*.
- 1 photocopy of the student’s National Identity Document (DNI) or Passport.
- € 90** payable by bank transfer, with proof of payment. (except former UIC undergraduate students).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter/s of recommendation.
- A negative certificate from the Central Registry for sexual offenders (more info)
- A vaccionation certificate that accredits that students have been vaccinated for Hepatitis A and B, tetanus, MMR and that they have had German measles in the past. (more info)
*For students from outside the European Union, qualifications such as their degree certificate must be certified diplomatically or must have the Hague Apostille attached to them. (Homologated/officially recognised qualification is not required).
Candidates who are in the last year of their degree programme should provide a list of qualifications to date before they register.
**Non-refundable management fees.
Faculty of Dentistry
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Hospital Universitari General de catalunya Building
Josep Trueta, s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
- Average marks of the academic record (assessment of scientific and technical knowledge, and interest for research).
- Professional experience, within which the curriculum vitae or resumé will be discussed (assessment of the personal activity, team work skills, quickness at decision making).
- Knowledge of English, evaluated by means of a written test.
- Personal interview, where the personal profile and skills shall be valued, in addition to the level of spoken English (vocation for science and research, empathy, a responsible character and sensitiveness in the face of the pain in other people).
Reservation and enrolment
Once newly-accessed students have been granted the admission, they must submit the required documentation to the service in charge of admissions. They will elaborate the enrolment form and, once the pertinent payment has been deposited, the service will send the documentation to the Academic Management Service, which will proceed to open the corresponding academic record.
During the following courses, students will fill in their enrolment forms at the Secretariat of the centre where they are studying for their degree, which shall verify the fulfilment of all the requirements, and validate all data.
Formalisation of enrolment
The formalisation of enrolment can count on the assessment of the corresponding centre, which will vouch for the academic and time compatibility of the subjects.
- The enrolment for basic training subjects and non-passed compulsory subjects is mandatory and determines the academic and time compatibilities of the other subjects.
- At the formalisation of the enrolment, if applicable, students shall answer the statistics questionnaire laid down by the regulations in force.
To access the Master’s Degree in Restorative Aesthetic Dentistry you need to hold a degree in Dentistry or in Medicine specialising in Stomatology, according to what is laid down in Article 16 of the Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29 October, and all modifications in force.
Similarly, access will also be possible for holders of a degree from educational systems outside the European Area of Higher Education. They don’t need to be recognised, as the University will validate whether they guarantee a level of training equivalent to Spanish official university degrees and which provide access to postgraduate learning in the country that has issued the degree. Access by this means shall not, in any way, imply the recognition of the previous degree held by the applicant, nor its recognition to any effects other than those of studying for the Master’s degree. All of it without prejudice to the rest of mechanisms of access laid down by current legislation or established in later norms regulating access to the teachings of an official Master’s degree.
Regulations for transfers
Reception and tutoring
The Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC) seeks to facilitate the incorporation and adaptation of all new students by means of a welcoming session organised by the Master’s Degree in Restorative Aesthetic Dentistry, the information on which is sent by letter or by e-mail, in a personalised way.
During the welcoming session, the new students will receive a general description of the UIC, and a representative from each Service (Admissions Service, Students Service, Sports Service, International Relations Service, Information Technology Service, and so on) shall offer a brief explanation about the workings of the Service and the type of information and activities that students will find there. The session will be followed by an academic presentation of the Master’s programme by the actual Programme Management, the idea being one of providing an acquaintance with the facilities and services of the Faculty and the Department.
Materials for the newly-accessed students
UIC folders. The folders will contain the timetables of the Master’s Degree in Restorative Aesthetic Dentistry and the UIC Diary for the academic year starting then.
- Students will be sent, to the e-mail address they provided when enrolling, their username and password to access their personal page. A UIC e-mail account will automatically be generated too.
- Student card. The Universitat Internacional de Catalunya’s student card identifies its holder as a member of the UIC university community, certifies the condition of beneficiary of the university services, premises and facilities, and allows the use, in an automated way, of the library loan services from the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya’s library network.
- USB key. Students will also be provided with a USB key to help speed their academic work, enabling them to have interactivity between the University computers and their own.
The means by which the said documentation and information is provided to the students of the Master’s degree can vary in the format according to existing resources at the time.