The teaching activity of the clinical residence will be distributed as follows:
- Theoretical-practical seminars given by the students and professors of the Prosthetics Area.
- Clinical sessions of the Prosthetics Area.
- Thematic bibliographic reviews.
- Practice at the Odontology Clinic.
- Reading and discussion of selected books or chapters (Magne, Fradeani, Alonso
- Reading and discussion of articles about:
- Digital Dentistry
- Cement / Screw in implant-supported restorations
- Dentinal Sealing
- Adhesive rehabilitation
- Use of artificial gingiva in oral prosthesis
- Discussion of theoretical concepts applied to clinical cases
- Clinical practice on patients
- First visit: study models, RX, planning, assembly in semi-adjustable articulator ...
- Removable prosthesis: partial and total; mucosoportada, dentosoportada, implantoretenida or implantosoportada.
- Fixed prosthesis: unitary and partial; tooth-supported or implant-supported.
- Adhesive restorations: Veneers or incrustations.
- Discharge splints.
Study and planning of cases to refer to other areas: implantology, endodontics, periodontics.
Lecturers and professors
- Dr. Susana Barrocal
- Dr. Arnau Brufau
- Dr. Cristina Fenés
- Dr. Sandra Fernández
- Dr. Óscar Figueras
- Dr. Carolina Giordano
- Dr. Francisco Real
- Dra. Romina Scalcione
- Dr. Elisabeth Romano
- Dr. Romina Scalcione
- Continuous assessment by teaching staff of the theoretical understanding and clinical practicals undertaken by students.
- Attendance and presentation of work at selected scientific events.
- Evaluation of the readings of scientific books and articles presented by students.
- Evaluation of students' activities in the dental clinic.
- Evaluation of the clinical cases managed by students, prior presentation and completion of the clinical case.
- Term papers. Each term students will be expected to undertake a research study or literature review concerning a prosthesis-related topic.
- Attendance and punctuality.