Work placement agreements with companies:
Hands-on training is one of our commitments. At UIC Barcelona we have signed work placement agreements with a large number of domestic and international institutions. Over 320 work placement options for you to choose from.
Some of the companies we have cooperation agreements with are:
- AGBAR Automotive
- Agilent Technologies
- Banc de Sabadell
- Banco Santander
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai
- Danone, SA
- Deutsche Bank
- Ernst & Young
- Ficosa Internacional
- Gallina Blanca
- General Electric
- HUSA Hotels
- La Caixa
- ROCHE Diagnostics, SL
- Seat, SA
You will fulfil your objectives. Work experience will help facilitate your transition to the job market, where you will be able to apply your theoretical knowledge in a number of different professional contexts. These opportunities will further develop your skills, competences, attitudes and aptitudes.
How it works
You will complete in-company work placement on a full-time basis in semester two of year four of the Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Management.
Under the Bologna Process and the subject's continuous assessment method, work placement is divid-ed into three phases:
- "Before" work placement phase:
We will help you acquire the necessary knowledge to look for and secure work experience or employment at a company. We deliver sessions aimed at helping you successfully transi-tion to the job market.
An important stage in building a career.
- "During" work placement phase:
Your tutors –one at the University and another at the company– will further develop your skills and attitudes.
During this phase we will monitor how you progress in terms of your role and the responsi-bilities you take on at the company.
- "After" work placement:
This is the time when you show us everything you have learned. During this phase you will submit a "Work Placement Report", which will be assessed by lecturers from the Faculty of Business Administration and Management.
The regulations governing In-Company Work Placement are as follows:
- It is an optional subject and may only be taken during year four of the Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Management.
- You will complete the placement on a full-time basis during the second semester.
- Work placement may not be taken at the same time as any other subjects during the second semester.
- You may only enrol in this subject if you have not failed more than six credits of basic or manda-tory first-, second- or third-year subjects. We at the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences value our students' good academic performance.
We therefore offer the possibility of gaining work experience in London and Shanghai to students who:
- Are enrolled in the subject In-Company Work Placement.
- Pass a language test and personal interview.
- Have an average mark of at least 1.6 (out of 4).