2020-2021 academic year 20th edition
The UIC Barcelona's University Master's Degree in Cultural Management takes a practical approach and has a strong international outlook. Start your education as a cultural manager and position yourself in an emerging sector which generates jobs involving projects with an international impact.
At UIC Barcelona you will take a comprehensive look at the work processes of cultural services and products from an entrepreneurial perspective. You will look in greater depth into the work dynamics of the two specialisation tracks: visual arts and cultural heritage or creative cultural industries and you will acquire a polyvalent, multidisciplinary profile.
The classes will alternate with study visits, where you will have the opportunity to visit cultural institutions and facilities and learn from the people running them. You will also have access to master classes and workshops given by national and international experts.
* This Master's Degree is an official postgraduate qualification which has been adapted to the European Higher Education Area regulations, with an assessment carried out by the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU Catalunya) and the National Evaluation Agency for Quality and Accreditation (ANECA). .
The UIC Barcelona gives you the tools you need to become a cultural manager.
The objectives of the master's degree programme include:
- To offer a reflection on the theory of culture in the 21st century and its social effects.
- To provide instruction about the characteristic features of local, national and international cultural policies.
- To teach students how to analyse a society's cultural fabric and prepare a diagnosis of needs and opportunities.
- To ensure students can apply management tools to the subjects of financing, financial management, human resources, marketing, communication, scheduling and production in relation to cultural events.
- To encourage the acquisition of personal entrepreneurial skills.
- To provide instruction about the specific management requirements of each cultural areateach students to evaluate cultural projects and programmes.
- To immerse students in professional reality.
- To introduce students to professional practice.
- To encourage a sense of social responsibility and ethical commitment.
This master's degree is for you if you have a university degree and are interested in analysing the challenges involved in cultural management.
It will provide you the skills and competences specific to cultural management, among which the following stand out::
- Analysing a society's cultural fabric and preparing a diagnosis of needs and opportunities.
- Designing, scheduling, managing and assessing cultural projects.
- Creating, managing and leading interdisciplinary human teams.
- Attracting and managing economic resources in relation to cultural projects, companies and institutions.
- Designing marketing and communication strategies in the area of culture.
- Being familiar with and applying new technologies in the process of cultural management, production and dissemination.
- Encouraging a sense of social responsibility and ethical commitment.
UIC Barcelona Master’s Degree in Arts and Cultural Management