The grants cover up to 80% of the tuition fees for each year of your degree programme. In this way, the cost is similar to the academic fees you pay in state or public universities.
The grants programme receives support from the Catalan Family Foundation and during this edition it is now offered to Communication students. Students with talent, who have a clear vocation for one of the three bachelor’s degrees we teach at the Faculty of Communication Sciences (Journalism, Audiovisual Communication and Advertising and Public Relations) and who want to become professionals capable of providing a response to new challenges in the sector, through a good quality education, that is completely personalised and adapted to the current communication scenario.
The final decision on the Academic Excellence Scholarship is solely the responsibility of the Scholarships Committee, which reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
For further information, contact:
Head of Admissions for Communication Sciences
Tel.: (+34) 93 254 18 00
Terms and conditions of the scholarship – 2020-2021 academic year
There is a limited number of grants. To apply for this call, it is essential to meet the following requirements, which under no circumstances will guarantee the award of the grant:
- Have an average mark of 8 or higher from their first year of upper secondary education.
- Pass UIC Barcelona's specific entrance exam for communications students for the Academic Excellence Scholarship.
For reasons already indicated and taking into account that we want to award talent and effort, participation in the grants programme has no requisites as far as personal or family financial circumstances are concerned.
Procedure and timelines
You have to fill in the admissions form online and send the documentation requested via email to email@example.com
The entrance examination for the call for the Grants for Academic Excellence will take place on our Barcelona campus (c/ Immaculada, 22).
You can apply for a grant for the following programmes
- Audiovisual Communication
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Advertising and PR + BA in Mass Communication with concentration in PR (this does not include a grant for the second degree programme)
- Journalism + BA in Mass Communication with concentration in PR (this does not include a grant for the second degree programme)
- Journalism +Humanities (it doesn’t include a grant for the second degree)
To renew a Grant for Academic Excellence for the following academic year students will have to meet the academic requirements established by UIC Barcelona.
Additionally, students who obtain a Grant for Academic Excellence (BEA) will have to work for 15 hours per year, on tasks assigned to them by the department they are affiliated to. The hours can be concentrated into specific activities or can be distributed throughout the whole year according to each department’s needs.