Providing the student with the learning tools required to diagnose and treat both oral mucosal lesions and bone and glandular lesions. The course will teach students the skills required to perform biopsies for potentially malignant disorders shown in the oral mucosa of patients, and will familiarise students with diagnostic imaging and how to interpret the results.
Competences the student will acquire
- Differentiation of normal from pathological.
- Detecting pathologies.
- Differentiating between trivial and more serious conditions.
- Categorising the pathology within its clinical framework.
- The ability to carry out simple biopsies in the oral cavity.
- Interpreting diagnostic imaging test results.
- Treating susceptible patients and correctly evaluating which patients need to be referred.