- Activities in celebration of International Women’s Day
Activities in celebration of International Women’s Day
In celebration of International Women’s Day, we want to join in the call for women’s involvement in all areas of society and their all-round personal development.
The following awareness-raising activities will be taking place across both campuses between 6 and 8 March:
Friday 6 March
Round table: “Family, personal and professional journeys”
During this session, discussions will focus primarily on women’s professional vocation, their personality and their personal and family life. The aim of this round table is to understand the personality of the professional woman, describe women’s decision-making process and discuss situations that help them boost their professional development and success.
• Àngels Roqueta, Founding Partner of Compas
• Mercè Mullor, Managing Director at Mullor Facility Services
• Mara Dierssen, Senior Scientist for the Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Raras (Center for Biomedical Research Network of Rare Diseases, CIBERer)
• Montserrat Gispert, legal expert in human resources at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Time: 3 p.m. in the Aula Jardí room
Tuesday 10 March
Coffee-colloquium with Dr Irene Kyamummi
The winner of the 2020 Harambee Award, which promotes and fights for equality for African women, will be paying us a visit for International Women’s Day. Don’t miss her telling her story at the coffee-colloquium on 10 March at 11.30 a.m. at the Faculty of Education. For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday 4 March
Screening of the film Figuras ocultas (Hidden figures)
Time: 2 p.m.