In recent years, the field of Endodontics has evolved dramatically to the point that it is virtually essential to know about and keep abreast of this area in order to practice high quality dentistry.
This programme is aimed at both general and specialist practitioners seeking to enter the field or consolidate their knowledge of Endodontics. Through an online system, students can access live sessions with quality levels similar to being in a classroom with the teacher. You can ask questions in the live classes themselves or in the regular tutorials, review recordings of sessions to clear up any queries that may arise, and to complement all of the concepts learnt through the practical modules offered by the course.
The programme offers a broad overview of endodontics, covering the basic concepts of pulpo-periapical pathology, through lessons on instrumentation and obturation, and finishing with the new applied technologies of Endodontics such as laser, cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) and new techniques for regeneration and pulp revascularization.
- To learn about the key concepts of modern Endodontics, from the simplest to the most complex.
- To learn about the most tried and tested techniques in: rotary instrumentation, irrigation devices and 3-D obturation systems.
- To know how to assess the complexity of an endodontics case and to plan correctly for it.
- To acquire knowledge from other areas directly related to endodontics, such periodontics and dental restoration.
The Intensive Course on Advanced Endodontics is aimed at those professionals (stomatologists and dentists) who wish to update and expand their knowledge in the field of endodontics and who do not have the time and/or means to participate in an on-site course.
Competences to be acquired by students
- The Online Diploma in Endodontics course provides an update of the knowledge, techniques and protocols in line with the latest developments in this specialist field.
- Students will make progress during their theoretical study and will apply part of that knowledge during the on-site practice at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.
- On completing the Online Diploma in Endodontics, students will be well qualified to deal with the majority of problems associated with the diagnosis and treatment of pulpo-periapical conditions.