We teach you based on objectives. The Bachelor's Degree will provide:
- A sound command of all applicable course content. Always from a global perspective.
- Techniques to ensure peaceful co-existence in the classroom through emotional education and autonomy. Promotion of effort, constancy and discipline.
- Knowledge of how language develops in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Out-of-classroom skills relating to school organisation, tutoring sessions for parents or your relationship with other education agents. Preparation for the demands of today's society.
- Sensitivity to diversity and gender equality. Respect for human rights and civic values.
- The ability to introduce students to the digital world and add cultural richness through new pedagogical possibilities.
- Valuing cooperative work, a critical spirit and responsibility in relation to a sustainable future.
Competences of graduates
Your competences are what set you apart as a teacher who is useful to society.
Mastery of information technology and communication, languages (Catalan, Spanish, English), developed critical thinking and reflective analysis, the ability to be creative.
Expertise in the subjects you teach and the teaching methods you employ, ability to work with colleagues and other staff members, professional development.
Competences you will develop through a number of diverse methods such as lectures, case studies, problem solving and problem-based, project-oriented, cooperative and independent learning.
At UIC Barcelona we will assess your competences through: objective exams, assignments and projects, portfolios, reports, self-evaluation, interviews, etc.
Bachelor's Degree in Pre-Primary Education or in Primary Education.