Postgraduate Degree in Accessibility and Universal Design
As a society we are ageing and aspire to improve our quality of life. This widespread trend has given rise to one of today's most dynamic industries: accessibility and design for all is now practically a requirement for a growing number of sectors. As a result, the market demand for companies and professionals capable of responding to people's accessibility needs and assuring quality of life is also increasing.
With the School of Architecture's Postgraduate Degree in Accessibility and Design for All at UIC Barcelona, you will become an expert in accessibility and help to provide equal opportunities for all citizens, regardless of whether they have a disability or not. The teaching programme will help you analyse and understand the accessibility criteria governing the spaces, routes, elements, products and services that surround us. You will find out how to apply so-called unnoticed accessibility, with standardisation criteria and designs for all. You will become familiar with the necessary details, learn how to develop affordable projects and take a critical look at the main laws and regulations on accessibility.
In short, a specialised programme that teaches students to understand, identify, design, market and facilitate accessible design for all.
There is a social demand and a very large market demand for companies and professionals who respond to everyone's design needs.
This social and business reality suggests the need to open up new avenues of specialisation for professionals to develop both areas of knowledge, comprehensively collecting the different techniques and skills that make this union one of the activities with the most potential for jobs and development.
These professionals are located in a key sector for the future and carry out their activities in companies and public and private organizations with essential training to develop their activities. This is how the concept of the "accessibility consultant" arose.
- The course is aimed at municipal officials, government departments, private companies and those responsible for occupational hazards, in which accessibility is a priority.
- It is also aimed at technical professionals such as architects, engineers, interior designers, decorators, experts, academics, developers, builders, etc..
- Health professionals: doctors, psychologists, nurses, physiotherapists, clinical assistants, prevention of occupational hazards staff, and so on.
- Tourism professionals working in hotels, restaurants, customer service, travel agencies, tourism officers, human resource officers, etc.
- Professionals from the social sector, such as NGOs and foundations, social workers, caregivers, etc.
- Communication professionals: journalists, public relations staff, teachers, event management and organisation staff, marketing and advertising professionals, etc.
- Independent professionals: lawyers, economists, business managers, ergonomists, estate managers, educators.
- Ultimately the course is aimed at society as a whole.
Those enrolling will be graduates in:
- Interior design
- Health Sciences
- Education, etc.
Prerequisites & admissions
Who can apply?
This programme is aimed at graduates in:
- Interior design
- Health Sciences
- Education, etc.
How to apply
- Register online
- Upload the following documents to the student’s portal:
- Photocopy of your passport
- 1 passport-size photo
- Certiﬁed* copy of your Diploma**
- Certiﬁed* copy of your Academic Transcript
- A signed copy of the UIC Barcelona general conditions (ﬁnd attached to the conﬁrmation e-mail you receive after registering online)
- A signed copy of the UIC Barcelona data protection form (ﬁnd attached to the
- Conﬁrmation e-mail you receive after registering online)
- Motivation letter (please include your Skype username in your signature)
- A full CV
- Recommendation letters (optional)
- Other certiﬁcates, diplomas or proof of work experience (optional)
* Document must have an oﬃcial stamp from your university
** If you do not yet have your Diploma, please submit the proof of payment of the diploma issuance fees or a document from your university certifying your expected date of graduation.
In addition to meeting the legal requirements described in the access routes, the Admissions Office will highly value:
- Applications that show sufficient prior education
- Descriptions of relevant work experience
- Reserve a place: Pay the deposit (20% of the total fee) via international transfer
- Tuition fee: Pay the remaining amount (80% of the total fee) via international transfer
National and international students (Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania).
Ruth Regalón: email@example.com
Barcelona. Phone number/Whatsapp: +34 651 82 61 86
For more information for international students (North America and Latin America):
Susana Expósito: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number/Whatsapp: +506 8627 5629
Grants & financial aid
Scholarships for Functional Diversity
Candidates with functional diversity, who have a university degree, will be able to apply for the UIC Barcelona disability scholarship, which funds the 50% of the cost of the total tuition fees. Availability of 2 places which are awarded in strict order of reservation of place.