Residencia Clinica en Odontopediatría
Degree holders in:
- Medicine (with a specialisation in Stomatology)
The aim of this clinical residency in paediatric dentistry is to cover the most important, practical and useful topics in paediatric dental practice: restorative and pulp treatments in temporary and young permanent dentition, managing the behaviour and sedation of paediatric patients, basic concepts in orthopaedic treatment, etc.
The clinical residency alternates theoretical classes with clinical case presentations, literature reviews and clinical practice with paediatric dental patients from the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.
Oral health of babies, children, and adolescents affects the general health of the current child population and in the future adult population. The availability of dentists specialising in the prevention and resolution of the most common oral problems in the paediatric population is therefore essential.
The Universitat Internacional de Catalunya trains dentists and stomatologists with a clear objective: to allow them to specialise in the diagnosis, prevention and resolution of the most common oral problems in the paediatric population by way of theoretical and practical training.
When commencing the course, students must bring:
- A laptop
- SLR digital camera (Canon, Nikon, with a 100mm macro lens and macrolite ring flash macrolite or spotlights
- Rotatory material: Turbine, adapter (*), contra-angle, hand piece, micromotor.
- Intraoral mirrors and retractors for photographs
(*) For the adapter, please check the model and that it is compatible.
To access the CUO, the student must bring:
— Personal protection face screen
— Full protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses. In this case the full protection glasses are not necessary. All other material of special protection will be provided by the clinic.
- CHIVA MELENDEZ, Beatriz
- CHUNG LENG MUÑOZ, Isabel
- DÍEZ SOTO, Sara Alicia
- GARCIA VILLA, Cristina
- GIL MANICH, Víctor
- GUINOT JIMENO, Francisco Antonio
- LLUCH LLAGOSTERA, Clàudia
- MARFISI NAVA, Karem Sidney
- MARTÍNEZ GÓMEZ, Teresita Patricia
- PARRI BONET, Silvia
- REQUENA MARTÍNEZ, Cristina
- SAEZ MARTÍNEZ, Sandra Asunción
- TORRENTS GRAS, Raquel
- VELOSO DURÁN, Ana
- VICENTE VILLA, María Asunción
- VIROLÉS SUÑER, Maria Mercè
- YUSTE BIELSA, Silvia
Prerequisites & admissions
The admissions process comprises a weighted assessment of the applicant's academic transcript, personal profile and motivations and abilities based on the following criteria.
- Fully-completed pre-registration form.
- Certified copy of relevant degree certificate (with original)*.
- Academic qualification certificate (original or certified photocopy)*.
- A photocopy of your National Identity Document (DNI) or passport.
- Receipt of payment of € 90** by bank transfer.
- (UIC undergraduate students are exempt).
- Curriculum vitae including courses and conferences attended.
- Letter/s of recommendation (optional but recommended).
*Students from outside the European Union must ensure that both their qualifications and the titles of their degrees have been officially certified through diplomatic means or are supplemented by an apostille of the Hague. (The degree doesn't have to be officially recognised).
The candidates who are in the final year of their degree course must provide the transcripts they have at the date of registration.
**The administration fee for the application is non-refundable.
Please send your documents to:
Ms Cristina Junquera
Ms Paola Lago
Facultad de Odontología
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Edifici Hospital Universitari General de Catalunya
Josep Trueta, s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
Grants & financial aid
Members of the UIC Alumni are entitled to a 5% discount.