Endodontics Expert Diploma
This programme is aimed at professionals, whether generalists or specialists, who wish to start out in or expand their knowledge in the field of endodontics. The programme combines theory sessions on the most innovative, pioneering and cutting edge subjects, alongside practical work with the latest generation of equipment and techniques.
During this practical work students will perform procedures with different magnification levels (magnifying glasses and microscopes). Students will be supervised by lecturers in their practical work. The course will include sessions following up cases and each student will have an individual tutor session with a lecturer from the UIC Department of Endodontics.
The programme offers an extensive overview of current endodontics, covering advanced basic concepts of pulpo-periapical pathology, instrumentation, refilling, reconstruction after root canal, dental traumatology, dental implants and autotransplantation. The course is intended to improve the quality of students' endodontic treatments, so that they feel more secure in tackling more complex treatments (refilling, perforations, reabsorption and dental traumatology). Regeneration and pulpar revascularisation will also be explained.
Skills the student will acquire
- Appropriately isolate the operating area before a root canal treatment.
- Plan root canal treatment appropriately.
- Identify the equipment and instruments used in endodontics.
- Carry out root canal openings correctly and locate accesses to them.
- Prepare instruments correctly for root canals.
- Carry out root canal obturation correctly.
- Carry out full root canal treatments on different teeth in the arch.
- Carry out in vivo root canal treatments in teeth with easy, medium and high difficulty levels.
- Carry out root canal retreatment correctly (removal of posts, gutta-percha and broken instruments).
- Plan dental traumatology cases adequately.
- Plan dental resorption cases appropriately.
- Correctly carry out the reconstruction of the tooth affected by root canal.
Students with degree in Dentistry or Medicine (stomatology)
- Dr. Fernando Durán-Sindreu
- Dr. Marc García
Prerequisites & admissions
- Degree in Dentistry or Medicine (stomatology)