Intensive Course in Advanced Endodontics
In recent years the field of Endodontics has evolved dramatically to the point that it is virtually essential to know about and keep abreast of this area in order to practice high quality dentistry.
This course is aimed at those professionals, general practitioners and specialists seeking to enter the field or consolidate their knowledge of Endodontics. The advantage of this course is that it combines theoretical sessions on cutting edge and advanced topics along with in vitro practice using state-of-the-art materials and techniques.
The laboratory where practical work will be carried out has a number of optical microscopes where students can perform different treatments with high levels of enhanced vision.
The course offers a wide overview of endodontics where basic concepts of pulpo-periapical pathology, instrumentation and obturation will be covered. This advanced endodontic course aims to dramatically improve endodontic treatments and teach participants to cope with more complex treatments (re-treatment, perforations, apical surgery planning) with greater safety. It also includes topics that are on the rise such as laser, cone-beam computed tomography (TCHC), and new techniques for pulp regeneration and revascularization.
Prospective student profile
This Intensive Course in Advanced Endodontics is aimed at professionals (stomatologists and dentists) who wish to update and expand their knowledge in the field of endodontics, and who do not have the time and/or means to participate in a longer course.
Dr. Marc García Font
Dr. Gonzalo Gómez Val
- To teach up-to-date knowledge on advanced endodontics: Instrumentation and obturation.
- Training in dental magnification via microscopic .
- Teaching advanced techniques for complex cases.
- To train students in the area of re-treatment.
- Traumatology training.
- Planning apical surgery treatments.
- Management of new technologies.
- To assess the difficulty of an endodontic case and to plan for it correctly.
Competences the student will acquire
- The “Intensive Course in Advanced Endodontics” course provides an update to knowledge, techniques and action protocols in line with the latest developments in this specialist area.
- The student will progress and achieve a dramatic improvement in their endodontic treatments. As an eminently practical course, the student practices with a large amount of materials under the constant supervision of a teacher. This allows students to compare and see which materials are best for dealing with cases of greater complexity.
- Once the “Intensive Course in Advanced Endodontics” programme is complete, the student will be able to deal with the most complex treatments, especially those associated with the diagnosis and treatment of pulp and periapical pathologies.
This programme is basically practical. Nevertheless, as an introduction to this practical work there will be theoretical seminars.
The theoretical and practical programme covers the following:
- Advanced Endodontics
- Magnification in endodontics. Management of the clinical microscope.
- Rotating instrumentation.
- Localisation, permeation and instrumentation of calcified ducts.
- Thermoplastic obturation.
- MTA and Biodentine, apical formation, drilling management.
- Diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of dental resorption and dental perforation.
- Complicated endodontic diagnoses.
- Indications for the re-treatment of ducts.
- Magnification in the re-treatment of ducts (microscope).
- Rotatory instrumentation in re-treatment.
- Extraction of dental posts, silver tooth caps and fractured files.
- Removal of gutta-percha, Thermafil.
- Overcoming palatal shelves, fractured files and dental blocks.
- Diagnosis and treatment plan in dental trauma.
- Prognosis and prevention of traumatic injuries.
- Endodontic emergencies
- Debating clinical cases.
- Irrigation in endodontics.
- Computerised tomography of the dental cone beam in Endodontics)– 3D.
Prerequisites & admissions
- To be a stomatologist or dentist.