Máster en Estética Dental Online
Degree holders in:
- Medicine (with a specialisation in Stomatology)
The general goal of the programme is to train students in modern concepts of dental restoration. The course aims to achieve the following objectives:
- In-depth knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the enamel organ.
- The ability to distinguish between the different pathologies that affect the enamel organ, establishing the etiopathogenesis.
- Knowledge of the properties of the different materials used in dental restoration.
- In-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of dental adhesives with regard to different tissues and materials.
- An understanding of the basics of diagnosis in aesthetic dentistry.
- Knowing how to handle the techniques involved in producing dental restorations in the laboratory.
- Learning how to use the latest CAD-CAM techniques for dental prostheses and restorations.
- Understanding and using the different clinical techniques involved in direct and indirect dental surgery.
- Establishing case selection criteria and planning dental restoration treatments.
- Knowledge of the properties of the different materials used in implant-supported prosthetics.
- Establishing case selection criteria and planning implant-supported prosthetics treatments.
- Learning how to use training and information systems for dental restoration.
- Understanding the basics of teeth whitening and learning to use clinical and ambulatory techniques.
- Relating dental restoration to dental orthodontics for comprehensive patient treatment.
- Relating dental restoration to periodontics for comprehensive patient treatment.
- The ability to distinguish between the different pathologies that affect the temporomandibular joint, establishing the etiopathogenesis.
- Introduction to dental restoration research.
New communication technologies have made it possible to communicate at a distance with an ease that was unthinkable until very recently. Use of these resources means that a large part of the training involved in postgraduate education can be carried out at a distance, without the need for being present in person.
This course allows access to the highest level of postgraduate training for students who are not able to attend university for two years in person, but who are able to invest the time and dedication necessary to achieve the objectives of the programme.
The nature of dentistry does however require a minimum level of attendance at UIC Barcelona, which is organised personally for each student in order to cause the minimum level of disruption to their family and/or working life.
Studying on this programme requires a minimum of six hours per week, in addition to working time over the weekend. Students will communicate via a videoconference call over the Collaborate platform, and sessions with the teaching staff will be held twice a week in the form of a seminar.
At the beginning of the course, students must have the following equipment:
- Camera for digital Reflex photography, 60 to 120 mm macro lens, Ring flash (required, autofocus settings). Recommended cameras: Canon 400D; Nikon D80 and D100.
- Artex semi adjustable articulator (or similar)
- Magnification loupes: 2.5x minimum magnification.
- Turbine, adapter(*), micromotor, contra-angle and handpiece.
- Personal computer, preferably laptop.
- Electric waxer
- Dental operatory (**).
(*) For the adapter, please check model and compatibility.
(**) On request.
If you do not have the material listed below, please wait until the beginning of the Master's course to purchase the items together.
To access the University Dental Clinic (CUO), the student must bring:
— Personal protection face screen
— Full protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses. In this case the full protection glasses are not necessary. All other material of special protection will be provided by the clinic.
- ALI HUSSEIN, Akram
- BOU DARGHAM, Bilal
- COSTA PALAU, Santiago
- DE LA CUADRA GUERRERO, Pablo Amancio
- DEL VAL BERASALUCE, Alba
- DEMYANKO DEMYANKO, Natalia
- DE RIBOT PORTA, Joan
- FERNANDES GONÇALVES, Lisa
- GARCÍA AMORÓS, Edgar
- GARZA GARZA, Luis Carlos
- GINEBREDA CAIRÓ, Ignacio
- GINER SOPENA, Álvaro
- HENAREJOS DOMINGO, Víctor
- JANÉ CHIMENO, Luis
- JANE NOBLOM, Luis
- KHADEM ALSROUJI, Baraa
- LAGUARDA MONZON, Paola Cristina
- LOPES DA SILVA FURTADO, André Filipe
- MOLINA GARCÍA, Kilian
- MORA BAHIMA, Javier
- NOGUEROL SICILIA, Blas
- QUINTANA CASAS, Pau
- RAMÍREZ SEBASTIÀ, Anaïs
- ROIG CAYON, Miguel
- SALAGARAY GARCÍA, María Teresa
- SERRAT BARÓN, Ramón
- TOMÀS ALIBERAS, Jordi
- VALDÉS GARCÍA, Luis Manuel
- VALLÉS RODRÍGUEZ, Marta
Prerequisites & admissions
Application for admissions
If you are interested in studying this Master's degree, you must do the following:
Fill in the application form which you must request from email@example.com
Send by post or hand in the necessary documentation to the Faculty of Dentistry.
Personal interview: A personal interview will be held with the Master’s programme director and coordinator. Students will be assessed on academic merit, teamwork and professional experience.
- Pre-registration sheet correctly filled in.
- Certified photocopy of the student’s corresponding degree certificate (with certification)*.
- Academic certificate of the student’s qualifications (original or certified photocopies)*.
- 1 photocopy of the student’s National Identity Document (DNI) or Passport.
- € 90** payable by bank transfer, with proof of payment (except former UIC Barcelona undergraduate students).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter/s of recommendation.
*For students from outside the European Union, qualifications such as their degree certificate must be certified diplomatically or must have the Hague Apostille attached to them. (Homologated/officially recognised qualification is not required).
Candidates who are in the last year of their degree programme should provide a list of qualifications to date before they register.
**Non-refundable management fees.
Ms Cristina Junquera
Ms. Paola Lago
Facultad de Odontología
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Hospital Universitari General de Catalunya building
Josep Trueta, s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona), Spain
Grants & financial aid
Members of UIC Alumni are entitled to a 5% discount.