XIV Updates in Dentistry Conference 2021
This course also provides a space for networking between UIC Barcelona Alumni, dental professionals and hygienists. It will be attended by representatives from a wide range of industries in the sector.
The Updates in Dentistry course aims to provide up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills for dentists and hygienists that will serve them throughout their careers.
Competences to be acquired by students
Our objective is for both dentists and hygienists to acquire more advanced competences that allow them to remain informed on all areas of knowledge in the field of dentistry. (Prosthetics, dental aesthetics, endodontics, orthodontics, paediatric dentistry, integral dental clinic, preventive, periodontics, surgery, special needs patients and geriatric dentistry, dental management).
- Dentists and hygienists
- Dra. Sandra Fernández
- Dra. Maria Arregui
Schedule pending layout. The department directors propose the speakers and make suggestions regarding the most topical subjects. The final list of topics and titles is agreed upon with the speakers. In this way, speakers from all areas of knowledge in dentistry are given the opportunity to take part.
The department directors who help outlining topics and speakers are:
● Medical-Surgical Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology: Dr Federico Hernández-Alfaro
● Integral Dentistry Clinic: Dr Juan Basilio
● Paediatric Dentistry: Dr Francisco Guinot
● Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics: Dr Andreu Puigdollers
● Periodontics: Dr José Nart
● Preventive, Community and Public Health Dentistry: Dr Carlos Muñiz
- Geriatric dentistry, Oral Medicine and Special Needs Patients: Dr Belisa Olmo
● Dental Restoration: Dr Miguel Roig
- Endodontics: Dr Fernando Durán-Sindreu
The course is organised alongside other events aimed at two professions: Dentists and hygienists.
The course will take place alongside a series of workshops for both dentists and hygienists, and a communications exhibition.
Representatives from the industry will also take part in the course by presenting the latest trends and materials.